So you might need to cleanse if you…
- have chronic stuffy nose/sinusitis
- are chronically fatigued or have difficulty sleeping
- have digestion and/or other gastrointestinal issues like bloating, constipation, etc.
- crave certain foods like salt or sugar
- have difficulty losing weight
- have a low libido
- aren’t happy with your skin
- have joint and tendon issues
Detoxification. Purification. These words get thrown around a lot but how many of us really understand the complex functions of our organs of elimination? They are: the skin–the largest organ of elimination, lungs, kidneys, colon and finally, liver–perhaps the hardest working in the detoxification process.
So what exactly does your liver do? Here’s some straight-up information from WebMD:
- It regulates the composition of blood, including the amounts of sugar (glucose), protein and fat that enter the bloodstream
- It removes bilirubin, ammonia and other toxins from the blood. (Bilirubin is a by-product of the breakdown of hemoglobin from red blood cells
- It processes most of the nutrients absorbed by the intestines during digestion and converts those nutrients into forms that can be used by the body. The liver also stores some nutrients, such as Vitamin A, iron and other minerals.
- It produces cholesterol and certain important proteins, such as albumin
- It produces clotting factors, chemicals needed to help blood clot
- It breaks down (metabolizes) alcohol and many drugs
It’s this last bit–metabolizing alcohol and drugs–that adds a lot more stress to the modern liver than ever before. At no time in human history has the body been subjected to as many man-made chemicals. And while not all chemicals are bad or “toxic” to the body, those that are must be handled by the liver to render them harmless. This makes it critical to establish a regular practice of taking as much dietary stress off the liver as possible and adding nutrients to support liver function. The Standard Process 21-Day Purification Program aims to do just that!
My favorite thing about the SP Program is that you get to EAT! This is not a 3-day binge on juices or a week on a lemonade diet! Fruits and vegetables for the first 10 days (along with SP Complete protein shakes throughout the 21 days) keep you feeling light but satisfied. On day 11 you can add lean proteins like beef, chicken, fish, seeds or quinoa. Nutrient-dense fats and oils aren’t a no-no either: butter, avocado, coconut or flaxseed oil? All ok, along with olive or sesame oil and tahini. The program is rounded out with SP Cleanse capsules which gently support liver/lymph/blood cleansing during week 1 and leave your skin feeling soft as a baby’s you-know-what; SP Gastro Fiber or Whole Food Fiber throughout the cleanse support the bowel to keep things moving smoothly and SP Green Food (days 8-21) is rich in phytonutrients.
Thought you couldn’t do a cleanse? Think again! With online support from Standard Process and me, this will be the year you make it happen! Average weight loss on this program is 8 pounds but the bigger wins are the lifestyle changes it will help you make. Your taste buds will change; your cravings will diminish; your energy level will soar. What are you waiting for? Join me from 2-4pm on January 22 in my office. Enjoy samples of the SP Complete shakes and take advantage of a discount on the program. Space is limited so be sure to reserve your seat.